Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prayer.

I've decided to share some prayers here throughout this Lenten season. I don't know how much they're worth to anyone besides me, but I think many prayers are meant to be shared, and if they touch a single heart I will be glad to have been an instrument in the hands of God. Below is a sort of meditation-turned-prayer on the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, which was inspired by a discussion on the heart during my Philosophy of the Human Person class.  It's probably kind of disjointed since it doesn't follow my complete thought process, but I'll let it speak for itself.

***********************

You who are at the heart of all things, help me to know my own heart.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, we venerate you because in You is the pinnacle of humanity, the perfection of the core of our nature, help us to strive always for that perfection of heart we see so evidently in You.
In Your Heart oh Lord resides the seat of Your mercy, help us to trust in Your infinite mercy and love.

My heart cries out to one akin but elevated beyond my potential.
In You is the secret of humanity.
Whisper this secret into the inner sanctuary of my true self, that I may gain true wisdom.
You are wise beyond all measure and Your will is absolute,
but it is Your Heart alone that allows us a glimpse into our true selves, as a reflection of You.
Oh Lord my God, take up residence in my heart. I yearn for the touch of my Creator, Lover, and Confidante.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment